Back to top

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Employer Resources

New Employee Information and Forms:  Click on the links provided to open each form in a pdf version.

SS-4:  Application for Employer Identification Number (EIN)
Use Form SS-4 to apply for an EIN. An EIN is a nine-digit number (for example, 12-3456789) assigned to sole proprietors, corporations, partnerships, estates, trusts, and other entities for tax filing and reporting purposes. The information you provide on this form will establish your business tax account.

W-4:  Employees Withholding Allowance Certificate
Complete Form W-4 so that your employer can withhold the correct federal income tax from your pay. Consider completing a new Form W-4 each year and when your personal or financial situation changes. 

I-9:  Employment Eligibility Verification
You must verify that each new employee is legally eligible to work in the United States. Have the employees you hire fill out an I-9.

NM New Hire Directory: 
Federal and State law requires employers to report newly hired and re-hired employees in New Mexico to the New Mexico New Hires Directory. This site will provide you with information about reporting new hires including reporting online and other reporting options! (You can print the required NM New Hire Reporting Form from the website above).

W-9:  Request for Taxpayer Id Number (TIN) & Certification
Use this form to provide your correct TIN to the person who is required to file an information return with the IRS to report, for example, income paid to you, real estate transactions, mortgage interest you paid, acquisition or abandonment of secured property, cancellation of debt, or contributions you made to an IRA.

NM Workforce Solutions:

1099 RECAP Sheet: Click here to open and print this document.

Please call us with any questions about the above forms and the necessary actions or steps to take as an employer or employee. We would be happy to aid and share our expertise. (575) 762-3897 or